Gas logs or fireplace insert, what’s best?January 12, 2016
Steak Quesadillas with Red Apple SalsaJanuary 20, 2016
There are many ways you can utilize the Tevis Home Apple Preserves. Sweetening your oatmeal and smearing on toast come to mind. But if you want an extra special treat, try these Apple Preserve Oatmeal Cookie Bars!
Apple Preserve Oatmeal Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Tevis Home Apple Preserves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 8 inch square pan.
- Combine brown sugar, flour, baking soda, salt, and rolled oats. Rub in the butter using your hands or a pastry blender to form a crumbly mixture. Press 2 cups of the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Spread the preserves to within 1/4 inch of the edge. Sprinkle the remaining crumb mixture over the top, and lightly press it into the jam.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes in preheated oven, or until lightly browned. Allow to cool before cutting into bars.
- This recipe would also be a perfect way to utilize other Tevis Home preserves and jams, such as the Triple Crown or Strawberry-Rhubard.
Tevis Home http://tevishome.com/