Renovating is Easy with a Propane Direct Vent Wall FurnaceMarch 8, 2016
Planked Salmon with Spice RubMarch 17, 2016
Anything made with crescent rolls are a hit in our homes. And these homemade toaster strudels are more like dessert then breakfast!
Apricot-Pineapple Toaster Strudels
Sweet, fruity, delicious, homemade toaster strudels!
- 2 packages canned crescent rolls
- 8 Tablespoons Tevis Home Apricot-Pineapple Preserves
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon milk
- 1/2 teaspoon (tsp) vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and dust the parchment paper with a tiny bit of flour. Separate out one of the packaged crescent dough cans on the parchment paper.
- Spoon 1 Tablespoons of Tevis Home Apricot-Pineapple Preserves onto the pastry, leaving about 1/2 inch border.
- In a small bowl, beat egg. Using a pastry brush (or your finger) coat the perimeter of the pastry with the egg. Continue this process for the rest of the pastries.
- Separate the second can of crescent rolls and gently place it over the filling half. Use a fork to seal the edges of the pastry.
- Brush egg onto sealed pastries, and prick each pastry a couple of times with a fork. This will allow some of the steam to escape during cooking. Bake for about 20 minutes or until pastries are golden brown.
- While toaster strudels are baking, make the icing. Using a small bowl, mix together the powdered sugar, milk and vanilla. Fill icing into a small re-closable plastic bag and snip off the corner of the bag. This will become your disposable icing bag. Remove pastries from the oven and allow to cool for about 10 minutes. Drizzle the pastries with the icing.
Tevis Home http://tevishome.com/