Direct Vent Fireplaces – How they workMarch 1, 2017
Grilled Corn DogsMarch 15, 2017
BBQ Corned Beef
Stay true to your Irish roots but keep the grill fired up with this smoked BBQ Corned Beef recipe.
- 1 4-pound corned beef, drained and scraped of excess whole spices
- 6 strips of bacon
- Mustard and rye bread for serving
- Wrap corned beef in bacon and place corned beef fat side up in an aluminum foil pan.
- If using a smoker, preheat to 250 degrees F. Toss 1-1/2 cups wood chips on the coals.
- If using a charcoal grill, set it up for indirect grilling using only half as much charcoal as you usual (the equivalent of 6 to 8 nice lumps of charcoal per side). Toss 1-1/2 cups wood chips on the coals.
- Smoke the corned beef until very tender, 5 to 6 hours, replenishing the coals every hour and replenishing the wood chips every hour for the first 4 hours. Maintain an even temperature of 250 degrees F.
- Transfer the corned beef to a cutting board and let rest for 10 minutes, loosely tented with foil. Thinly slice the corned across the grain and serve with mustard and rye bread.
Tevis Home https://tevishome.com/