Trust our team of experts to make your hearth glow again!
Tevis Home performs cleaning, diagnostic, inspection, and repair work on propane, natural gas, and pellet heating equipment. We house inserts, logs, freestanding units, and fireplace inserts.
We proudly service Carroll, Baltimore, Howard, and Frederick Counties in Maryland. We also service York and Adams Counties in Pennsylvania. Click here to see if we service your zip code!
Check out our Hearth Service Plans for heating equipment, to keep your system running at peak efficiency.
Clean & Service after Diagnostics
*Parts and labor for repairs are in addition to the above pricing. Special order parts have a three-to-four week lead time and are not guaranteed.
Hearth Service Plans
Tevis Home offers two types of service plans to meet your individual needs, Total Service Pak and Comfort Service Pak. To learn more, please visit the Hearth Service Plans page.
17 Point Clean & Service Procedures
- Vacuum heat exchanger and firebox
- Remove and inspect glass for cracks; inspect gasket
- Clean glass
- Remove and vacuum logs, inspect for cracks and or broken logs
- Clean and inspect burner, check shutter adjustment for proper setting
- Clean and inspect burner orifice
- Clean and inspect thermocouple and thermopile
- Check for proper milli voltage at valve, for thermopile with millimeter
- Test ignition and safety controls
- Check operation of convection blower, if applicable
- Remove and replace batteries in remote and receiver, if applicable, (batteries extra unless customer supplied)
- Check wall switch for proper operation, if applicable
- Clean and inspect pilot orifice for proper flame pattern
- Check vents termination for blockage
- Check manifold pressure at valve; adjust, if needed according to manufacturer’s specifications
- Check and inspect all wiring and connections
- Supply and install any decorative rock wool for maximum visual appearance
Request Fireplace Service
"*" indicates required fields