Grilling Equipment for SmokersMarch 31, 2016
Does Your Grilling Equipment a Grill Box?May 17, 2016
As spring approaches it is time to break out the grilling equipment. Here are 6 simple steps to get your propane powered grill ready for the best season of the year.
- Spring Cleaning: As your grilling equipment sits over the winter it has the tendency to attract unwanted guests. Evict any spiders or nesting critters and clear out the cobwebs and other debris from the manifolds, burner valves and connectors. An easy way to do this is by using compressed air, available canned if you do not have your own.
- Additional Spring Cleaning: Use commercial grill cleaner to clean the interior of your grilling equipment, such as baffles, flavorizer bars etc. If your grill is stainless steel, use a commercial stainless steel cleaner on the exterior or wipe it down with a soft cloth using water, mild dish soup and white vinegar.
- Leak Test: For safety’s sake, all propane grilling equipment should have their fuel delivery system tested for leaks.
- Inspect the hoses, they should not be crimped or brittle.
- The propane tank should not be bulging, rusted or compromised in any way.
- For concerns of a leak, use a leak test solution to detect bubbling.
- Igniters: After pressing the igniter button, if you do not hear a clicking noise or see a spark, check the battery first. Most grilling equipment uses AA batteries.
- Clear the burner tubes: Remove the gill grate and baffles, light your grilling equipment, and then observe the burners. If any holes seem clogged, clear them using a bent paper clip, or pin. Severely clogged burners may need to be replaced.
- Fuel up: Don’t let a near-empty tank of propane ruin your first barbecue of the season. If you don’t have a gas level indicator, pour a cup of boiling water over the outside of the tank, the water will condense at the gas level. Or remove the tank and weigh it, a full tank weighs about 38 pounds.
Now your grilling equipment is ready for spring! Cooking on a grill offers a chance to be outdoors and makes it easy to cook and clean up while enjoying time with family and friends. Visit us at Tevis Home for grill tank refills and grill sales.
Your One Stop Comfort Shop